Covid 19 Vaccine Roll-out
We began our vaccine roll-out by vaccinating our patients over the age of 85 years.
We will be allocating the vaccine strictly as per HSE guidelines for the over 70 age bracket.
Every two weeks (depending on stock availability) we will be inviting patients for their vaccine.
We will invite you for vaccination when it is your turn.
Vaccination consists of two injections, four weeks apart.
Pfizer Biontech Vaccine:
· Side effects may include: mild soreness, redness or swelling at injection site, transient aches and chills, temporary tiredness and sore head. All these effects are usually mild, brief (<48 hours) and self-resolving. Analgesia such as paracetamol can help with these effects.
· Anaphylaxis Reaction: (severe allergic reaction requiring medical help). You can still get Covid 19 Vaccine if you have had a previous anaphylactic reaction to a food or medicine, as long as it was not a reaction to one of the ingredients of the Pfizer vaccine. You CANNOT get Covid 19 Vaccine if you had an anaphylactic reaction to a previous dose of a Covid 19 Vaccine.
You should not get the vaccine if you have tested positive for Covid 19 in the past 4 weeks.
· We advise you to wait in your car if possible until your appointment time.
· We respectfully ask you to attend your appointment alone, as far as possible unless you need a chaperone. Please note your chaperone will not be vaccinated with you and may be asked to wait outside.
· Please wear short sleeves as the vaccine will be given in your upper arm.
· You will be required to wear a mask and sanitize your hands
· We ask you to observe social distancing at all times
· This is a vaccine appointment only, - we will not be discussing any other medical issues with you.
· You will be 'checked in' by our admin staff when you arrive.
· You will be directed where to go for your vaccine where you will receive the first dose of a two dose vaccine.
· Please ask your vaccinator if you have any questions about the vaccine.
· You will be asked to wait for 15 minutes on the premises after your vaccine where you will be monitored for side effects.
· You will be invited to leave the premises via a different door to the one you came in.
· Please re-sanitize your hands as you leave.
· You will be given a written record card of the vaccines you have received after your second dose in four weeks time.
· Please read this After Care Information on the Pfizer Vaccine
We will do our best to keep our vaccination clinics running on time. We appreciate your patience and co-operation with these measures and are very happy to be able to offer you your vaccination to keep you and our community safe.